Monday, March 9, 2009

see? less annoyed already!

Funny how that works...

Thought today would be a terrible Monday, especially with losing an hour because of daylight savings time. Alas, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The loss of an hour sucked, of course, but I got more done than I thought I would, and billed more than I thought I would after rolling in a little late. Plus, the additional annoyance from last weekend related to the fake boyfriend ("fbf"), and after talking to him for a couple hours tonight, I feel better again. Granted, I'm still slightly frustrated - I've mentioned getting together a handful of times over the past few weeks, and tonight I really pushed (in the nicest way possible, of course). But it's hard for me to know whether he's giving me a hard time or not - he says he's just giving me a hard time, but I won't really believe it until he actually makes (and keeps!) plans with me... The more time that passes, the harder it gets for me to be satisfied with phone calls and text messages. Everything via phone says that we get along great, and that things are good, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to have someone to hang out with in PERSON and to do things with. So tonight I started by joking that I was penciling myself in for this weekend because if I don't, we won't see each other for three weeks...he changed the subject at one point, but I reiterated that I was serious, and I think I scared him. Oops. So I told him, well, we're seeing each other this weekend so you'd better think about what we're going to do. And he laughed, and of course made fun of me by listing all this crap he has to do so I got kind of irritated -- and then he was like, "I'm just kidding - I love giving you a hard time, it's too easy!" (I like this flirtatiousness, of course, but I also want to put my foot down and get something planned because I need some physical interaction, dammit). So I said, fbf, I've told you that I want to hang out this weekend so now it's up to you and I'll leave it alone.

He's not going to do anything about it. I know it. And I'll let him. I like him too much. But I have to draw a line in the sand at some point...I just haven't determined when that point will be just yet. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment