Another year wiser? How quickly time passes! The holidays feel like ages ago, and I can't remember what it's like for it to be summer. I suppose that comes with doing basically the same thing, day in and day out. I've been at my job for a year now (!) and I think the whole, "wow, I am just going to keep coming here every day, indefinitely," has finally set all the way in. It really freaked me out for awhile, there. Not gonna lie. I got used to being in college, and then in grad school, where each semester varied. I could rearrange my class schedule, I could participate in different extra-curricular activities. And over the summer, I could travel or get a completely random job. I could make it through anything for just several months. And that's as long as anything really lasted. If my classes sucked, I just had to get through finals and then different classes would appear. I'm actually ok with being more settled than that, now, but it took a good six to eight months for me to reach that point. Now I have been able to focus on getting better at what I'm doing, and that's making me happy. Granted, I work a lot, and am constantly making mistakes (in fact, I feel like the more responsibility I take on, and the more tasks I accomplish, the more mistakes I make), but how else does one learn? At least that's what I'm telling myself...
All in all, life isn't half-bad right now. I am still gainfully employed, and able to pay my bills (other than my massive post-law-school-pre-job credit card bills, which are monsters to get rid of!) so I shouldn't complain. I like my coworkers, and have been able to find time here and there to go cycling and mountain biking, and even take a weekend trip here or there (even if I am doing some work, eww, I know). I set some lofty goals for myself this year, but I'm pushing toward them and doing well so far. I'm a nice ripe 28 years old now (yikes), but I feel like I've earned it. I have no doubt that 28 will be the best year yet, just like every year before it.
Life just gets better and better - who knew.
No comments:
Post a Comment