wow. a lot can change in a few short months.
rewind back to my last post, right when I decided to get back in the online dating game. I bought a six month subscription to match.com and was planning to passively peruse it on occasion, and to see who reached out to me. Who would've thought that a mere two days later, I would have a "coffee date" (meaning a few beers at gordon biersch to watch march madness final four games) that turned into a live-in boyfriend whose 16 lb. cat also lives with us.
In addition to meeting my new man, who we will call "Big J," or simply, "J," for blog purposes, I am in the middle of a job transition, have seen no fewer than five couples get married this year, and in six short months or so, will be an auntie for the first time!!! Top that all off with turning the big 3-0 next February (T-5.5 months!), and there is a lot going on. While some of it -- ok, a lot of it--is stressful, much of it is fun and exciting as well. Instead of lamenting how I can't find a decent guy out there, I am dealing with integrating someone into my once independent life, as well as integrating him into my family and circle of friends (not an easy task, as it turns out). Rather than continuing in the rat race as I was doing, I took a leap and am looking for something different, and although I know it will turn out to be for the better, that doesn't make it any less challenging now.
The bottom line is that all the craziness that has been 2010 this year, including putting my dog down (sad), setting dating and relationship boundaries (challenging, yet necessary), taking a leap to a new career path (scary and exciting), will all be worth it because they are all steps toward my happily ever after. And while that is still a ways away, it is, of course, more about the journey than the destination -- or at least just as much about the journey as the destination. I'm happy to report that the journey is still intriguing, changing, and leading me toward happily ever after one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment