Wednesday, September 9, 2009

coming soon: an update!

I realize that I have not posted an entry for almost a month and a half - wow. Lots has happened in that time frame, which is probably why I have not posted lately: I'm too busy! I definitely need to get some stuff out of my system and into the virtual world so I'm sure a long post will be coming soon. For now, here are a few highlights:

- adopted a puppy.

- got a tattoo.

- had yet another "why don't you ever want to see me?" talk with modesto. we did not talk for over a month.

- went on several more dates with teacher, but decided that he was too one-dimensional, was quasi-condescending, and just didn't do it for me so we're now strictly soccer teammates.

- after five weeks of radio silence, modesto texted me. I decided to communicate with him, but of course this has reverted to him being MIA again. My sister is trying to give me tough love and tell me to ignore him, but that's not easy for me to do - it's not in my "nature."

- went out with guy 1 from eharmony. figured since I paid for the darn service, I might as well actually meet some people. he was cute, nice, funny, smart, athletic, and just turned 26. Used to be in the hospitality industry, now he's a cop. Doesn't really like it. Great date - nice dinner place, drinks at a hotel on the beach, etc., etc., etc. Still trying to find himself - in fact, on our date, he specifically mentioned that he has "no girlfriend, no mortgage, no kids - nothing tying me down, so maybe I should just up and leave, travel the world or through the U.S., do something crazy, you know..." Um, yeah, that's what a girl looking for a "partner" wants to hear on the first date. Turns out he didn't think the "chemistry" was there anyhow. Ok, moving on.

- went out with guy 2 from eharmony. (seriously, I'm over the eh thing, but it's all about getting your money's worth!) He wasn't my "type" - I almost ignored him - but my sister thought I should go for it. He was nice enough (blond, though, hence "not my type," haha), but from philly so he had a different value system than me. He's 35 - the oldest guy I've ever gone on a date with (oooh, maybe that's not "my type" either? burn!). He used to be a Yahoo programmer, was laid off early this year, and now runs his guitar-making business full time. Pretty sweet, right? I thought so, too, but he's moving up north soon, and I just didn't feel that "spark" (yes, despite the movie "He's Just Not That Into You," I still call it a spark) and although he asked me out again, I declined. I didn't decline permanently - I only said I was too tired to go to the movies. However (and this is what prompted me to drop a line on here), when I checked my new matches on eh tonight, he had closed me as a match! On Monday at 4:34 pm he "chose to permanently close communication" with me. Wow, that was abrupt - Sunday at 6pm he was asking me to a movie, and Monday at 4:34pm, he closed our match. He could have called or texted - he didn't have to close the situation so passive-aggressively.
Perhaps this is why boys who are dating online are single...?


- work is crazy. I won my first demurrer! It was the first one I wrote, the first I argued, and the first I won. Hooray! Also, am just really busy, which is good. I'm hoping to continue to fit in better in the high-pressure litigation world. Ugh.

- Was elected MVP of my co-ed soccer team. We're going to play again in the Fall, and I recruited my sis! Should be good times. I'll be on an indoor team, too.

Ok, must go to sleep. I head down to San Diego tomorrow to visit my friend Erin and also see Alicia, Javier, and their daughter Isabella, who I have yet to meet, even though she's almost two years old! Plus, Alicia just gave me the news that she's SIX MONTHS PREGGERS with baby #2! I can't believe it. More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment