Due to the above, I decided to go out on a limb and text cute IP attorney ("CIPA" for short?). I realize that texting is extremely passive, but in this case I decided that passive would suffice. He's passive. And either just really nice, completely obvlivious, or actually likes me, because he texted me back right away (god, I am SO drew barrymore in he's just not that into you right now! "he myspaced me"..."what about texter?"...grief. but at least CIPA and I had in-person interactions, too). Here is my breeziness:
Hey you! Coworker hasn't given it to me yet, but she told me you brought my jewelry to the pool party and I've been meaning to thank you. Hope all is well with you and you're enjoying summer (and the giants' decent record!). Would be nice to see you sometime!
Here is his completely ambiguous, utterly vague, yet reasonably instant response:
Things are good just got back from a quick fishing trip with my family so playing a little catchup but should slow down in a couple of weeks
What am I supposed to do with that? Timing of text (combined with length and amount of detail) suggests that he is just nice and responded because he felt obligated. Another option is that he is completely oblivious (as most guys are) to the fact that I'm a GIRL and am trying to get something out of this so his responding sends me false hope. Final option is, maybe he actually likes me. Even if this is the case, however, what do I do with his response? He tells me what he's up to, but doesn't suggest we get together (even though I gave him a chance to do so). On the other hand, he says that he's currently busy, but will be slowing down in the next few weeks, implying that he may be available to get together in the near future. Fascinating. Giving me just enough to wonder whether he's interested or not. Boys are evil communication vixens. And in all likelihood, they don't even know it - I can almost guarantee that CIPA doesn't know it. he's just off in his own CIPA world, fishing with his family, going to giants games, and getting random texts from me.
Truth be told, neither of these guys is probably right for me. Supposedly, a guy who really likes me will make an effort to see me and make it known and all that good stuff. But when the options are limited, it's more fun to stir up something than to have nothing at all. And neither modesto nor CIPA are bad guys. They're just not giving me EVERYTHING that I want. In the meantime, though, I don't have a guy in my life that is giving me that EVERYTHING. And I don't mean that in the "here is my checklist of what a guy should have," either. We're talking bare-bones, dude and I get along well, have things in common, want to do things together, are attracted to each other, and actually see each other more than once every two months. That's my order. Think I can put it in at www.getmeaboyfriend.com or something?
No comments:
Post a Comment